Check Out These Fun Exercises for the Whole Family!
Coming up with fun exercises and incorporating them into your family’s healthy lifestyle not only helps everyone stay in shape, it can be a great bonding experience. Here is how you can incorporate fun exercise into your family’s schedule!
Explore the Great Outdoors
The studies surrounding the benefits of greenery and getting outside seem to just keep piling up. Being outside is proven to do everything from increase your daily dose of vitamin D to decrease your cortisol levels. Spending time together as a family, getting your heart rates up, and benefitting from all that the great outdoors has to offer is an incredible way to sneak some exercise into your routine!
If you’re looking to take your exercise routine outside, try out some of these activities the whole family will love:
- Take a family bike ride around your local park.
- Find a scenic walking trail near your home.
- Sign up for a fun run in your community.
- Bike, ski, ice skate, or swim as a family.
- Create an outdoor obstacle course and see who can complete it the fastest!
All of these activities are enjoyable and provide a plethora of benefits to everyone involved! Even if you and your partner don’t have experience with some of these activities, it’s a great bonding experience to learn something new at the same time as your kids!
Clean Up Around the House
Nope, this isn’t a joke! Doing chores may not seem like a lot of fun, but there are some simple ways to turn little household things that need to get done into a game, get some exercise in, and clean up around the house!
Here are some ways your family can turn their chores into a fun activity that’ll help get everyone’s heart rates up!
- Shovel the snow from the sidewalk to make a giant snow mound for a snowball fight or igloo.
- Rake all the leaves in the yard into a pile and have fun running and jumping into them.
- See who can gather and fold the most laundry in the shortest amount of time.
- Create squares on the floor and see who can sweep the most debris into their square the quickest.
Incorporating these games into your family’s chore routine will help everyone get their heart rate up and clean the house even faster than you all normally would! And while you may not think of these activities as exercise, they can definitely add up and be a good moderate intensity workout!
Learn Something New Together
As we mentioned before, doing activities and learning together is an excellent bonding experience. If you’re looking for something you, your partner, and your kids can do together, try finding an activity you all enjoy. Here are some you can start with!
- Find a rock climbing gym where everyone can participate.
- Take skiing lessons together.
- Coach your kids’ athletic teams.
- Take fencing lessons together.
- Start running together regularly, and sign up for races.
- Sign your kids up for personal training and then work out together at the gym.
Creating healthy habits for your family is one of the best decisions you can make, and it doesn’t have to be difficult! Simply choose a few activities you’re all interested in and get started. You’ll be able to improve your health, strengthen your relationships, and create a ton of fun memories together!
If you’re interested in getting fit yourself, reach out to us today for a 10-minute discovery call. We can help you get in shape, and you can take what you learn and share it with your whole family!